Types of Speakers
Our live speaker programs run around 45 minutes and are for grades 6th and up, in groups of 12 or more people. Below are the types of opportunities we are offering virtually:
- Descendant Speaker – A child or grandchild of a survivor will tell his/her family’s story of surviving the Holocaust. Most speakers are descendants, though survivor presentations are occasionally available.
- Docent-Led PowerPoint Tour – A Museum docent will give your group a tour of the Museum and a history of the Holocaust using PowerPoint slides with photos from the exhibit.
Guidelines and Expectations
- Please have most/all of your students on the call so that other groups may utilize these programs (as opposed to booking a different speaker for every hour). If you need to make multiple requests for different groups of students, please complete a new form for each session.
- These presentation are conducted via Zoom. You can choose whether to use your premium Zoom account or ours.
- If you’re able to provide your own Zoom link, we will ask you to schedule the meeting now and provide the direct link on this form. Please schedule the meeting for at least 2 weeks from today. You MUST have a premium account; free accounts will not work. You will receive an email confirming your speaker.
- If you’d like us to provide the Zoom link, availability will be more limited. Please request a date at least 3 weeks from today, as well as alternative dates/times. You will receive an email confirming the date/time of your speaker and with the link to the Zoom meeting.
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to provide the Zoom link to his/her students and manage student behavior during the call.